The bond between a parent and a child is the foundation of a child’s life. Rebuilding or strengthening this relationship is an important aspect of our programme. We actively involve parents and caregivers and motivate them to contribute financially to the education of their children and to prioritize their child’s well-being and future.
We train parents on their responsibilities and the fulfilment of children’s rights. In addition, we bring a positive impact to the lives of vulnerable parents, mothers and widows in the community by supporting them with income generating activities and access to saving groups.
The scholarship beneficiaries include:
- Girls who fled female genital mutilation or forced marriage
- Victims of child abuse or neglect
- Street children and victims of child trafficking
- Children with a chronic illness or disability
- Children in extreme poverty
- Children of disabled, sick or elderly parent(s) / guardian(s)
- Children of single mothers / widows